With the Doctors
Consultations are by appointment only and can be booked in person or by telephone.
Appointments for the day are available for booking from 8:30am every day.
Advance appointments can be booked during the surgery opening hours.
Doctors do not have personal lists and you may see any doctors of your choice.
Individual doctor's consultation times may vary. Generally, appointments are available between 08:00 and 17:30. An appointment will normally be available within 48 hours although you may have to wait a bit longer if you specify a particular doctor.
You should usually see the same doctor during the course of one illness to improve continuity of care.
Urgent cases will usually be seen on the same day. You may not see your usual doctor in this case.
With the Practice Nurses
Generally these are by appointment; please contact the treatment room through the switchboard number.
Chronic disease clinics are strictly by appointment only.
Online Appointment Booking
You can now request repeat prescription and book appointments online to see the doctors.
This service is very easy to use and is free of charge.
If you would like to use this service, please follow the instructions described below:
- You need to register in person at the reception with some form of ID such as passport or the new driving license to obtain your personal Registration Letter which contains all the details (e.g. PIN number, Access Id...) required to create an account with the Access secure server. Please remember that due to confidentiality issues each member of the family has to come in personally with ID to register separately as each one will have a different PIN and access code.
- You can also register online here without coming in to the reception but this will allow you to book appointment only. Please note again that due to confidentiality issues you will need to come in personally with some form of ID to register for the use of the repeat prescription service.
- Please note that this service is available for patients aged 16 and above only.
- Once you have the letter, click on the link ONLINE APPOINTMENTS on our Home page at www.yellowpractice.co.uk to log on to the Patient Access secure server.
Alternatively, you can go there directly by clicking on this link ONLINE APPOINTMENTS.
- As you are first time user, you need to create an account. Click on the Create an Account Button in the green box. Then follow the instructions on the screen and enter the details which can be found on the Registration Letter given to you. You will be asked to provide a password which you will need to use to log in later on.
- Please remember that a number of appointments of the day will only be released at 08.30 every morning. These appointments can then be booked online when you log in at 08.30 each day.
Conditions of Use
- You are kindly requested to use it responsibly and appropriately.
- We reserve the right to suspend your access to this online service if you are found to be using it without due care and consideration or abusing the system.
- Thank you for your cooperation.
If you would like a chaperone present at your consultation, please inform your doctor/nurse who will be happy to arrange this for you.
You do not need a sick note from the doctor if you are off ill for less than seven calendar days. In this case you will need to fill in a SC2 self certificate which can be obtained from your employer.
If you cannot attend an appointment for any reason please inform us as soon as possible in order for us to give the slot to someone else.